|Posted by wanderlusttravelandtours on May 17, 2017 at 5:05 AM|
Japan has always been on the top five list on every travellers bucket list. Here are some facts on travelling to japan and how to lower down cost.
Facts on Japan cost:
1. Unlike Singapore, Malaysia or Thailand, JAPAN is a very EXPENSIVE DESTINATION!
2. To reduce cost, you need a degree of independence like a short walk or subway ride to the hotel for tour or transfer.
3. Train and subway only cost a few dollars per trip
4. In Singapore, airport transfer only USD 45 per van BUT in Japan it is about USD 400 per van. That should give you a perspective on cost
5. Japan hotels come almost always Room Only so if you want to add breakfast, you add your cost up significantly and/or most hotels don’t have cafe
So how to make the cost lower?
1. Always stay in the city centre near the airport limo bus service drop off where you only need to talk 10-15 min to the hotel
2. So you can stay in a affordable 2.5* which is 10-15 min walk to the airport limo bus stop or to take the SIC tour
3. Do not stay example in Narita as it is 75 km away from the city so you cannot even take any tour as it cost too much from Narita
4. Don’t be tempted to add breakfast as it can cost USD 30 per person. You can always just buy food for breakfast
5. Always take a SIC tour as it is much cheaper even for families than to ask for private tour.
6. No one offers tour with transfer to Disneyland or Universal Studios.
7. If you insists on transfer to Disneyland, then stay only at Keio Plaza but the hotel is quite expensive
8. Otherwise wherever you stay in city centre, we can provide you with train and subway guide to Disneyland it will cost only a few dollars
Remember there are TRADE OFFS between absolute convenience and cost........you cannot have both convenience and cheap price!